Saturday, March 29, 2008

a sneaky trip

A few years ago, when I was about 4 or 5,I wanted to go to the store with my father; but he said that I couldn't go.I wanted to go no matter what, even if I had to throw a fit! I wasn't going to stay at home...

While I was trying to convince my dad to let me go, the phone rang.It might have been a long distance call from one of his friends, because he was on the phone for quite a while.As he was on the phone, I began to contemplate my trip to the store.

I'm not sure how the idea came to my head, but I decided to sneak in to the car and hide.My dad's jacket was in the backseat, and I was small enough to hide under it unnoticed.As the car stopped and my dad took the keys out of the ignition,I jumped out from under the jacket.

I remember my dad being absolutely perplexed, but I was more than delighted that I got my trip to the store.

4 comments:

viola' said...

I bet it was a great feeling to sneak like this!
:)

Scent of the Levant said...

Yeah was pretty funny.hehe ;)

I seem to remember the oddest things, yet I can't seem to retain any of those math postulates!

Mounir said...

Nice write :) hope you have more and more beautiful memories in your life sweet :)

Scent of the Levant said...

thanks mone :)

I often have things suddenly pop up into my head. I wish I could keep a pen and paper handy with me at all times; just in case those memories accidently slip away.