Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ageh Ye Rooz by Faramarz Aslani

This is one of my favorite persian songs and I have finally found the translation of the lyrics!




If one day...

If one day you leave me
out of the blue
and go away on a trip
leaving me alone once again
I'll tell the night to stay with me
I'll tell the wind to sing until dawn
a song from my beloved's land
why are you leaving me alone?

If you forget me
and leave my embrace
I'll become a sea bird
released in the grip of the waves
I'll hush my heart to silence
I'll urge the wind to sing until dawn
a song from my beloved's land
where I won't be left alone
If one day your name
rings in my ear again
If one day your name captures me again
I'll urge my heart not to fret
so I can soothe the pain
but the pain takes over my body
so I can sing for you again

If you desire me once again
as your lover
like in the old days
when we sat until dawn
your heart ought to gain colour
and a tune again
ought to get the colour of a land
where I won't be left alone again

If you want to stay with me
come back while we're still young
and still have skin coverin my bones
Don't leave my heart alone
Let colour into my darkness
and give my night a tune
give me the colour of that land
where I won't be left alone again

7 comments:

AM said...

The word are so beautiful :)
There is sthg wierd, i just read on another blog about Persepolis and now i'm reading here about a Persian song ... mmm ...

Scent of the Levant said...

hehe soudfi... ;)

poshlemon said...

I love Iranians. Simply. It's not too healthy to generalize but I have a high opinion of all the Iranians I have met so far.

Faramarz is supposedly a music icon there. This is a very beautiful song. Nothing compared to this song, but I like Andy and the Iranian factor he adds to the song 'Yalla Ya Shabab', which he co-sings with Ragheb Allameh.

Scent of the Levant said...

Ehlayn posh,

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

And yes I definitely agree with you.Their rich culture is so lusciously exotic.I've been studying farsi for about two years, its a a great language.I just wish I had someone to practice with more often.

I heard that song before! Mansour is pretty good as well.His song azizeh delami has a pretty catchy tune.

Scent of the Levant said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persepolis_(film)

this movie looks pretty good thanks am

Mounir said...

this poem and song speak directly to the heart, the Persians have beautiful rhythms in their songs and poems.. Rumi my favorite poet is Persian originally :)

Scent of the Levant said...

I totally agree with you. Personally, Farsi sounds more of a romantic language to me than French at times ;)