Friday, January 26, 2007

Time to Unite



Im glad that it didnt last longer than three days.Its has finally cooled down on this Friday morning.I was really scared that the chaos would escelate and it would go on for weeks.Thank God that it stopped.I was seriously shocked when I woke up on Tuesday and I saw the news.To tell you the truth I thought I was still dreaming.But it was real.Real enough to make me cry.Real enough to make me remember everything that happened over the summer.And even more real to make people remember the civil war that started in 1975.Since the 70's lebanon hasnt been the same.And I dont ever think it will be the same again.I hope that the lebanese can just wake up and smell the coffee.Its enough.We cant be fighting each other.For goodness sakes we are all lebanese.Why cant we unite?Is it that hard to agree on something with your own brother or sister?Because I am lebanese and whenever I meet some lebanese I feel so close to them.As if they were my own brother and sister.Even though I probably havent even met them before.We are just sitting there and watching lebanon crumble to pieces before are own eyes.Its time to stand up, work together, and help put lebanon on its own two feet again.

منذ انتهاء حرب تموّز ولبنان يسير قدماً نحو الإنقسام والفتنة، فلا إجماع حول الحرب ولا إجماع حول النصر ولا إجماع حول الحكومة ولا إجماع حول المعارضة ولا إجماع حول الإنتخابات المبكّرة ولا إجماع حول الإنتخابات الرئاسيّة ولا إجماع حول الكثير من الأمور الأساسيّة، ... إنّما جميعهم يؤكّدون ويكرّرون إجماعهم اللامحدود واللامشروط على حماية الوطن ووحدة شعبه وصون أمنه وحماية جيشه مهما بلغ اتّساع الخلاف السياسي بينهم ومهما ارتفعت حدّة الخطاب ونبرة الخطباء المتواجهين

Since the end of war in July and Lebanon is progressing towards division and discord, there is no consensus on the war and reach a consensus on victory and reach a consensus on the government, the consensus on the opposition of unanimity on early elections and unanimity on the presidential elections does not reach a consensus on many of the basic things, ... But all confirm that the repeat unanimity on the indefinite and unconditional protection of the nation and the unity of its people and preserve its security and the protection of the army, regardless of the actual widening political controversy them and no matter how big the unit discourse and the tone of the speakers opposing.

No comments: