Saturday, January 26, 2008

so it seems...

"For the great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." -Niccolo Machiavelli




laying in my bed

head spinning full of confusion

dazed by my mental and emotional state

not able to concentrate

I used to know of something called fate

it's never too late

taking everything for granted

I'm still bemused at being used

starting to lose my fuse

unable to choose

looking for a purpose

it was never too good to be true

so delusional

Confined... is this a prison ?

distorted

chained

free will

looking right through everything

taking second glances all around

have I lost myself?

I know my destination

my aspiration

withdraw

nothing left

it's all gone

secrets

what oracle has made me so bizarre?

yearning for

sentiment,tenderness,enchantment,devotion

thoughts lingering in my head

its all I've ever wanted

we collapse

intact once again

patiently anticipating

I might have changed

so it seems ....

trying to get out of bed

open my window once again

contemplations make me cringe

I didn't know

young...youth

deceived

memories of my childhood

what does the future behold?

a sense of belonging

look deep inside

I only wanted to find myself

so it seems....

the truth

path of righteousness

purity

light a candle

say a prayer

seeking refuge

asking forgivness

the cycle

so it seems....

5 comments:

transient said...

your photos? sweet!

Mounir said...

Nice poem Sweetscent.. I really enjoyed it..

Scent of the Levant said...

transient,

I guess the photos could be mine in a sense that they express the mood of the poem.But no, I didnt actually take the pictures.

mone,

Im glad that you enjoyed it.I actually took off alot of steam from writing this poem.It feels nice just to let all of your thoughts and emotions spill without any boundaries.

AM said...

I love it!
I love the post ... reminds me of frequent moments i have where thoughts are flying in all directions and where at one stage, I really don't know what to think ... and it is hard to figure things out as they are and not as they look or appear to be ... being at most honest with yourself is one step towards seeing right but still ... it's hard and takes time and comes along as we grow up ... few things may end up being clear only years and years later ... ah blah, you know what i mean :)

Scent of the Levant said...

am,

A defininte tarboush tip to sigmund freud ;)

stream of consciousness in literature, technique that records the multifarious thoughts and feelings of a character without regard to logical argument or narrative sequence. The writer attempts by the stream of consciousness to reflect all the forces, external and internal, influencing the psychology of a character at a single moment.