Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dear Traveler




Oh you who has traveled

You left and did not tell me

I thought you were right beside me

As I closed my eyes you were gone to a far away land

I wish I was able to take your hand



You left everlastingly and never returned

My misery will not leave until you return

I spent so many sleepless nights waiting for you

by the light of the moon



Oh you who loves the waves and loves to travel

please come back to me again

I understand you cannot go against your fate

but my heart yearns for you my dear traveler

I hope to see what becomes of you after your many journeys

Where have you gone where have you traveled?




You left and did not tell me…



I traveled to the land of seven seas

A land where the waves caress your cheek

A land where the sun is ever shining

A land where the blazing deserts whisper in your ear

A land of beauty that fools the eye

A land of youth and prosperity

I traveled many countries but have never saw countries like these



The lands of North Africa and the Middle East

Oh you unfortunate man he who has not seen these

May you pray to God that you see them before it is your time



I told you my secrets now you tell me yours

I loved the land that you loved now you love mine

2 comments:

Mounir said...

Oh so you were traveling :)
Nice to see you back with this beautiful poem :D

Scent of the Levant said...

Actually, I did not travel.I wrote this because I had my hopes up that I was going to travel but didn't get the chance.